Details for both positions are below and the rest of our positions are available on the Microserve careers page.
Technical Project Manager, Victoria
Client OverviewOur client, based in beautiful downtown Victoria, BC, is responsible for the administration and delivery of two of the Province of British Columbia’s most important health care programs. They are constantly looking at new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of British Columbia. Because of this, and given their expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, they are positioned for significant growth.
Position OverviewMicroserve's client requires a Technical Project Manager to join its team in Victoria. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
RequirementsOur client. has an immediate opening for a Project Manager with a successful track record of managing IT system implementation projects.
The Project Manager will lead matrix project teams that may include:
- Operations Subject Matter Experts, Business Analysts, Application Developers, and Systems Engineers.
- the health and execution of projects, communication of project status both within Maximus and to external stakeholders (clients and partners), budget management, change management, and the integration of project activities through the client’s implementation methodology.
- They vary in scope, visibility, and impact; hence PM’s must effectively facilitate inclusive and consultative decision-making, influence at all levels of the organization, and effectively negotiate and leverage resources.
- Managing a high performing technical team to deliver infrastructure projects
- Working with vendors and 3rd party support organizations, as well as data center providers.
- Managing infrastructure projects such as data center moves, hardware and software upgrades
- Managing Oracle DBMS and middleware upgrade projects, including any development and testing required for the Oracle applications
- Managing Desktop updates and windows rollouts
- Working on vendor selection committees or projects
- Engaging as part of an overall larger project and working towards common goals and objectives to meet project requirements and deadlines
- Understanding of ITIL and of SDLC methodology
- PMI certification and prior experience with an application landscape that supports a Health Services environment will be an asset
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with major coursework in information systems, computer science, or related field, and demonstrated experience successfully managing the development and implementation of large scale enterprise applications.
- Along with attractive market salaries, our client also offer 100% employer paid benefits, and defined benefit pension plans.
- Our client requires a criminal record check and driver’s abstract.
Marketing Co-op Intern, Microserve, Burnaby
Position OverviewAs the Marketing Co-Op Intern for Microserve you will provide support for all internal and external marketing and communications activities and work in collaboration with the Marketing team. You will be extremely organized with excellent attention to detail, tech savvy and able to pick up new things quickly.
- Maintain accurate records for all marketing activities, including schedules, to do lists, calendar of events, budgeting spreadsheets, etc.
- Assist in obtaining marketing funding from vendor.
- Create and maintain prospecting list for marketing campaigns and events.
- Participate in updating social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+).
- Complete basic design work such as creating email invitations, event signage, and emails.
- Help coordinate the planning and execution of marketing events.
- Organize and maintain accurate inventory of marketing promotional materials.
- Regularly update the website with new and relevant content.
- Assist with administrative duties:
- Currently enrolled in a Marketing or Business Diploma/Degree program.
- Social media understanding and experience
- Previous Administrative/Database entry experience desired
- Proficient in keeping organized records
- The ability to create a variety of marketing materials with specific direction
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Skills in Adobe (InDesign, Publisher, Photoshop) an asset.
- Knowledge/experience in the technology industry would be considered an asset.
View All Posts