We are seeking an algorithm engineer with a passion for designing algorithms to implement the document rendering engine (automatically style, layout and format documents using our object model). The key responsibility of this role is to design and implement highly scalable algorithms that have a direct impact on displaying the well-formatted document that we generate to the customers. A successful candidate should have a solid background in computer algorithms and is familiar with graph theory, automata theory and performance optimization.
We encourage engineers to stay abreast of the latest research by reading papers and attending conferences. We cultivate a collaborative work environment but allow solution autonomy on projects.
- Conduct peer code reviews and advocate for good quality code and best practices
- Collaborate with other product teams (i.e. machine learning team) to resolve issues and enhance performance
- Present concepts to the team, facilitate discussions and provide feedback
- Working in an Agile software development environment with distributed teams
- A Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. (preferred) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics specializing in computer algorithms related areas
- Experience or knowledge in at least two of the following aspects:
1) familiar with the Internet browser rendering process
2) familiar with the PDF document rendering process
3) experienced in creating LaTex template and library
4) experienced in building compilers
5) experienced in operating System development
- Professional level of English fluency and strong in expressing ideas logically