Bilingual Service Desk Agent (12 to 18 month contract)
Location: Remote/Montreal, QC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
Are you a new graduate looking for an opportunity to gain experience in the IT industry? Then our Bilingual Service Desk Agent position might be the perfect fit for you! The Service Desk Agent will act as the 1st line of support for customer incidents.
Our client is looking for someone who is:
- Fluent in English and French
- Available for 12–18 month contracts
- Located in the Greater Montreal area (remote to start with onsite work beginning after COVID restrictions are lifted)
- Familiar with various software and applications (minimum: Windows and MS Office)
- Flexible in covering shifts
Experience is not required. If you are interested, Apply NOW!
- Is Familiar With The Key Components Of The Service(S) Being Supported.
- Provides A Single Point Of Contact For All Users Of The Service.
- Ensures That A Continuously High Level Of Customer Satisfaction Is Achieved.
- Receives Calls At The Service Desk And Undertakes Dialogue With The User, Ensuring Standard Service Desk Scripts Are Followed.
- Ensures That Contingency Plans Are Understood And Followed In The Event That The Service Desk Tool Is Unavailable.
- Provides Users With Status Reports On Existing Incidents, Ensuring The Incident Record Is Updated Accordingly.
- Raises Incidents To Address Unsuccessful Service Requests.
- Understands And Operates Escalation Procedures – Escalates And Progresses Incidents As Required Whilst Keeping The User Informed.
- Records Incidents/Changes/Service Requests Within The Incident Management Tool And Assigns To The Appropriate Resolver.
- Captures Accurate Descriptions Of All New Incidents/Changes/Service Requests, Classifies Them Correctly And Applies The Appropriate Classification Codes.
- Ensures Incidents Which Are Chargeable Or Out Of Scope Are Flagged As Such.
- Identifies Incidents That Require Management Through Additional Processes
- Reviews And Links Incidents To Mi Records Or ‘Parent’ Incidents As Necessary, Ensuring That
- Executes Required Tracking Of Knowledge Base Usage And Opportunites (Voting And Rating As Required) As Well As Sense And Respond Activites/Actions.
- Ensures Accurate Priority Values Are Generated For All Incidents By Selecting The Correct Number Of Users Affected By The Incident, And Ascertaining The Urgency Of The Incident Through Dialogue With The User.
- Where The User Does Not Agree To Closure, Progresses Incidents To The Itil Process Controller.
- Basic Service Knowledge.
- Customer Relationship – able to establish quick working relationships/empathy with customers.
- Communication – listening, ability to communicate clearly with customers, colleagues and managers.
- Problem Solving – understands and resolves basic problems.
- Drive and determination.
- Time Management.
- Team Working – team player.
- Technical knowledge (e.g. Microsoft Office, PCs basic networking).
- Has a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Business Awareness.
- Understanding of business continuity processes.
- Bilingual (French/English *English must be well spoken*)
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client. The role is to be performed remotely with onsite work occurring once COVID restrictions are lifted.