Business Intelligence Analyst – Finance (Permanent)
Location: Remote/Vancouver, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
The client is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst, Finance who will transform data into insights that drive business value by enabling senior leaders and stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. You will be well-versed in how to use BI software and tools to mine complex data, compare data to competitors and industry trends, and create visualizations to effectively communicate findings to the organization.
The Business Intelligence Analyst, Finance role combines programming, data modelling and statistics with communication, analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Designing and developing enterprise-wide data analysis and reporting solutions;
- Reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external sources;
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to senior management;
- Developing data cleansing rules for the company;
- Providing user support, guidance and training to users of accounting systems and any software enhancements (e.g. Yardi Voyager, Orion);
- Ensuring data integrity and data consistency across the various platforms;
- Managing the upgrading process of all applications, end to end implementation of new modules and functionalities;
- Report writing and liaising with external consultants;
- Business process reviews.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business, mathematics, economics, statistics, accounting or related field with several years of work experience in finance, real estate, technology or a related discipline;
- 3+ years’ experience in business intelligence/ETL and analytics, implementing data visualization (Power BI, Tableau)
- Strong background in data preparation, data analysis with an emphasis on the use of analytical and reporting tools (SQL, SAS);
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and BI tools
- You have superior written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You have proven exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task, think logically and problem solve effectively
- You are a self-motivated self-starter who drives a project from concept to completion, within tight timelines.
- You are a critical thinker and passionate about continuous improvement and driving and effecting change in a demanding business environment.
- You have a professional demeanor with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships across key stakeholders and groups.
- You take a consultative approach to understanding internal client needs.
- You are collaborative and team focused, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team.
- You have well-developed organizational and time management skills.
- You are calm and collaborative under pressure
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client. The role will be remote to start.