Business Process Improvement Advisor
Location: Burnaby, BC/ Remote Opportunity
Opportunity at Microserve
Microserve’s internal BPM Team is growing and we are looking for a Business Process Improvement Advisor to join the team!
Your primary focus will be on managing internal initiatives across various business units however, as you’ll be reporting to the business process management team, you’ll also be working on process improvement initiatives. Double the fun in our opinion!
If you can connect the dots between processes, people & technology, are highly organized and accountable to deadlines, we want to meet you!
Project Management (60%):
- Collaborate with Microserve internal teams to develop project charter, plans and objectives to ensure success of each project
- Document and report project status on a regular cadence
- Act as a key contact and communication facilitation between internal departments
- Coordinate and follow-up on tasks and assignments within the product and engineering teams
- Advise and guide internal stakeholders on project barriers and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and mitigate risks
- Manage all aspects of the project
Support continuous improvement initiatives (30%):
- Participate and/or lead documentation and analysis of current state process and design of future state business processes and gap analysis
- Interview SME to gather information on procedures, tool usage and validate how the work is done by the team and document learnings from interviews with SME’s
- Analyze data to understand the root cause of process performance/opportunities
- Participate and/or lead elements of the delivery of process improvements and manage change
- Support process improvement initiatives using the DMAIC methodology as well as other approaches
- Gather and document business requirements for project and process improvement/automation efforts.
- Create process maps using BPMN 2.0 and other standard operating procedures and supporting documentation. Ensure documents are kept up to date and available to stakeholders on Sharepoint
Support the BPM program (10%)
- Follow BPM Internal processes and methodology by actively participate in improving our operating procedures and helping establish best practices for project management and execution
- Act as an ambassador of BPM by raising awareness of continuous improvement concepts and tools to internal stakeholders
- Support the BPM Manager, team and Microserve business units as required and directed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years of work experience in project management roles
- A university or college degree is desirable
- Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to work in ambiguous situations
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in developing project schedule plans and managing projects end-to-end
- Ability to set schedules, deadlines, milestones and work/project timelines to support delivery of assigned projects
- Lean,Six Sigma, BPM Methodology experience or exposure
- Formal Business Improvement / Business methodology accreditation (Lean/Six Sigma Black/Green Belt)
- PMP or equivalent designation
- Experience working with ConnectWise is an asset
At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 250 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients
Employee will understand, meet and live our core values
Will Sweep Floors, Openness, Flexibility, Not Stuffy, Customer Driven