Data Migration Lead (6 Month Contract)
Location: Remote/ Burnaby, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
• Define Fit-For-Purpose Advance Approach to Analysis, Scoping, Decision-Making, Design, Build and Test for Data Migration
• Define Fit-For-Purpose Advance Approach to Data Quality Assessment and Remediation throughout the project
• Framework for Data Migration Decision Making:
• Detail at a granular level, the framework for making decisions on what is required by the client of each data migration
• Validate that the decisions / recommendations made thus far for migration are in alignment with this framework, and facilitate decision making for outstanding decisions
• Document all data migration decisions in alignment with framework
• Develop workplan and resource requirements – Data Migration and Data Quality – in alignment with broader Master Project Plan and with other workstream plans (tasks, timelines, dependencies, deliverables, resources etc.)
• Periodically review and adjust workplan as required
• Execution and Management:
• Execute approved workplan according to project methodologies and tools, ensuring successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitating consensus with stakeholders as needed and ensuring readiness for project implementation.
• Track, monitor and report on progress according to workplan and identified metrics.
• Assess risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the project lifecycle.
• Provide supervisory guidance, mentorship and direction to team.
• Run scrum / workstream meetings.
• Leadership and Alignment:
• Primary point of contact and liaison for all interactions with all technical and vendor teams relating to Data Migration and Data Quality; works collaboratively to identify gaps and solutions for successful data migration
• Serves in a leadership capacity while able to be hands-on with tasks, issues, and deliverables.
• Completes transition services including facilitating lessons learned meetings and creating knowledge transfer and handover documentation related to this service as well as the overall Project.
• Includes transitioning over all of the documents, software, software licenses and other project artifacts to the Project Team.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Project Manager or their designee(s).
• Data Migration Lead is expected to exercise flexibility and be responsive to changing circumstances and demands; and to fulfill such demands as may be required to the extent these demands are within the capability and capacity of the Data Migration Lead.
Skills and Experience: Must Have
• Strong written and oral communication in a business environment (no exceptions)
• Experience leading, coordinating and driving results on large, complex projects requiring data migration of large, complex information systems
• Deep data migration technical expertise, including experience with data migration tools and technologies
• Acute attention to detail
• Creative with strong visual communication experience
• Self motivated, problem solver and critical thinker
• Collaborative and able to work with diverse stakeholder groups at all levels of an organization
• Leadership and management skills to manage to outcomes and timelines, and guide and motivate staff
• Proven ability to establish strong relationships across business and technology and can deal with conflict resolution in a timely and effective manner
Note; This job opportunity is with a Microserve client. This position will be mostly remote with onsite work as required by the client