Expansion Project Manager (3 Month Contract)
Location: Remote/Burnaby, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
• Develop a project scoping document and guide implementation activities, including pre-implementation (foundational) tasks.
• Develop and maintain a detailed Project Plan, Project Management Plan, Risk Register, Change Request process, and other project-related documentation.
• Develop a foundation project framework for future facility projects as it relates to HIIT deliverables.
• Direct and manage project execution.
• Ensure system environments are set up and aligned with best practices.
• Work with internal and external project teams and vendors to ensure tasks are on track.
• Call and chair project team and other applicable meetings.
• Document all findings and recommendations in a central area accessible to all project stakeholders.
• Liaise directly with staff and ensure appropriate processes are completed before go-live or implementation.
• Manage and coordinate End-Use device procurement and implementation strategy.
• Develop and coordination End Use Device validation process and User Acceptance Testing and sign-off.
• Create final project closure documentation and perform a post-implementation review, including lessons learned documentation.
• Engage with executive sponsors and key stakeholders to confirm scope definition, goals, objectives, benefits, etc.
• Identify all pre-implementation (foundational) work required to be completed by the stakeholders in preparation for implementation through engagement with client resources and the project team.
• Work with project resources to identify requirements, define, verify and control scope, create, and manage detailed WBS.
• Work with stakeholder groups to review, identify, clarify, and prioritize requirements.
• Define project goals and responsibilities, including the creation of a responsibility assignment matrix.
• Identify stakeholders; plan, execute and distribute communications and other related project information.
• Manage stakeholder’s expectations.
• Report on performance, schedule, meeting minutes, decisions, outcomes, risks, and other such requested reporting requirements.
• Provide regular project progress/status reporting to sponsors, steering committee, stakeholder groups, and project stakeholders.
• Escalate issues /changes outside of the PM authority (e.g., scope changes) to sponsors/steering committee as required.
• Perform risk management, including but not exclusive to, risk planning, identification, risk analysis, risk responses.
• Monitor and control risks, identify mitigation strategies.
• Identify those areas where the technical teams may lack the technical know-how or resource constraints.
• Identify relationships, connections, and collaboration points between internal and external technical resources.
• Readiness assessments
• Communication and communication planning
• Resistance management
• Data collection, feedback analysis, and corrective action
• Celebrating and recognizing success
• After-project review
Qualifications or Experience Required:
• A proven track record managing IM/IT projects
• Professional Project Management designation (e.g. PMP) or equivalent project management education and experience
• Direct knowledge, education, and experience working with information technology systems, including knowledge of standard two and three-tier system architectures
• Exceptional English language oral and written communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
• Experience developing end-use device deployment and validation plans
Note; This job opportunity is with a Microserve client. This position will be remote with onsite work as required by the client.