Help Desk Technician
Location: Vancouver, BC
Microserve is looking for an experienced and driven IT professional to join out team by supporting one of our clients onsite located in Vancovuer, BC.
The Help Desk Technician position will appeal to someone who is building their skills and experience within an IT support role and enjoys troubleshooting and supporting end users’ in the use of their IT infrastructure and applications.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who can work well on their own and within a team, you are detail oriented and love working with people. You must have superior listening and communications skills, be a problem solver and have a continuous passion for learning about new technologies. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a range of technologies across the client’s IT environment.
The Help Desk Technician will work closely with members of the Microserve team at the client’s Vancouver location in supporting end users’ use of their IT infrastructure and applications by phone, Microsoft Teams, TeamViewer, and when necessary and possible in person.
- Provide support via phone, email and in person to assist people with their use of Information Technology. This includes client supplied and personal desktop and laptop hardware, software, operating systems and system administration.
- Providing IT operations support for physical and virtual servers, virtualized infrastructure, network switches, firewalls and other computer equipment.
- Providing IT business and application support services for projects and special requests
- Assist in creation, documentation and ongoing development of process documentation for the onsite Microserve team.
- Perform scheduled, proactive maintenance for support equipment including desktop, server and network equipment (including scheduled after-hours maintenance)
- Participate in periodic IT infrastructure projects such as desktop/laptop refreshes requiring across province travel every four years, replacement of server and storage infrastructure in two different data centres, and network switch and firewall replacements province wide.
- Provide after-hours Help Desk support via supplied smartphone and tablet once every six weeks (M-F 5pm to 8pm, weekends and holidays 9am to 5pm)
- Continuous learning and advancement of technical skills as required to best support your client, including self-study, lab time and pursuit of relevant certifications
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing IT Help Desk services for Windows based desktops, Windows and/or VMware based servers, and network devices or be a recent graduate of an information technology program from BCIT, Douglas College, Langara or equivalent.
- Microsoft certification or working experience with Windows Server, Windows 10, Exchange and SQL Server
- Microsoft certification or working experience with Active Directory
- Microsoft certification or working experience with Office 2016 and/or Office 365
- A+ certification or working experience with computer assembly, repair and configuration
- Network+ certification or working experience with network switches and firewalls (HPE/Aruba/CheckPoint) would be an asset.
- Experience with Linux operating systems and Apple hardware and operating systems are desirable