IMIT Project Officer Lead (24 Month Contract)
Location: BC Lower Mainland
Staffing Placement Opportunity
Including but not limited to:
- End use equipment enabling building operations
- Network equipment enabling mobility, voice (VoIP, Cellular, Radio), systems integration, and campus connectivity to external networks/services
- Server/storage/backup equipment enabling building operations
- Any equipment coordination and support to the Design Builder, the Client and Telecomm Providers in areas of:
- communication rooms,
- backbone pathway systems,
- cabling systems,
- telecommunications grounding/bonding systems,
- wireless systems (grade Wi-Fi, telemetry, locating services etc.),
- distributed antenna systems (DAS),
- public address,
- campus communication pathway system (underground system of manholes / conduits and outside plant fibre distribution
- Works as the prime IMIT point of contact to the Redevelopment Chief Project Officer (CPO) and Deputy CPO facilitating the anticipation, response and communication of significant or urgent contractual (ie. Design-Build Compliance), scope, budget and schedule IMIT is involved in.
- Attends regular key Redevelopment team meetings to provide IMIT critical updates and shares critical information to the IMIT team.
- Facilitates collaboration of the IMIT specialists with other Redevelopment work streams: Planning, Construction Management, Equipment Planning, Project Support and Results Office, and Finance/Document Control so IMIT deadlines/deliverables on the critical path.
- Ensures IT resources are continuously delivering and reviewing relevant parts of the technical specifications (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Architectural) to ensure compliance with contractual Statement of Requirements that IMIT is responsible to manage (e.g. Division 27 – Communications).
- Identifies and mitigates IMIT risks and issues
Specific Qualifications or Experience Required
- Preferably a rounded implementation experience orchestrating both the technical and business application levels of projects is required
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in managing IMIT solution implementations
- To be effective in overseeing technical compliance & delivery, working knowledge & experience in IT infrastructure (telecommunications, DAS, cabling systems, communication pathways, network, WIFI, multimedia) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience of working within formal construction project agreements used in British Columbia is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in large project management or portfolio management.
- Demonstrable experience working with senior technical, systems and business leaders requiring exceptional communication skills explaining situations/rendering decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in applying initiative to step in and apply knowhow to assist teams making their deliverables, improving quality, resolving problems, exposing opportunities.
Note; This job opportunity is with a Microserve client.