At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 250 + staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients. This position will be based in Burnaby, BC and report to the Talent Acquisition Manager, IT Staffing.
You are a recruiter who has experience with full cycle recruiting and who has experience in the technology space. You will look to hunt talent, be a connector, a proactive pipeline builder, a lover of constant growth and change, and you utilize technology to get results. You will be able to assist and learn recruitment initiatives and sourcing strategies, incorporating our brand and core values, using analysis and data we will build on and fine-tune your recruitment process as you go. It is your job to raise the bar with every hire, and your personal success and impact will come from knowing you are closely involved in doing just that when you look at the talented people around you. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication, willingness to learn, not be afraid to reach out to talent, and a strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced and rewarding work environment.
- Recruiting efforts: effectively source within our current data base and recruiting tools, filter through web applicants screening against job criteria and specifications, conduct references.
- Be able to understand the clients needs and their recruitment needs
- Source, screen, and recruit professionals across a wide range of technology roles
- Review applications and interview applicants through phone and or video
- Assist the team with some of the daily tasks.
- Delivering results in talent attraction, hiring the right people with the right skills and mindset when the business needs them.
- Building effective networks and relationships to maintain a strong pipeline of top talent for recurring and hard-to-fill roles in the technology space, including highlighting opportunistic/future strategic hires for Microserve
- Build a strong brand in the market, proactively networking, cold calling, and “deep dive” into passive candidate networks through various markets and channels
- Deliver a high-level candidate experience, through superior candidate write ups and screening
- Develop strong relationships candidates and cross-functional partners to create a best in class hiring experience, from recruiting through onboarding
- Proactively source candidates to build a matrix and network to source from
- Partnering with the HR team on departmental objectives and ad-hoc projects
- 2 + years of proven technical recruitment experience and a strong understanding of various roles in a tech company.
- Experience with sourcing, screening, and interviewing potential candidates.
- Technical aptitude and understanding of social recruitment tools
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships
- Recruiting best practices concerning tracking, communication, follow ups, negotiations, and hiring.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of an ATS system considered an asset
- Proficient user of MS Office