Proposal Writer & Coordinator – New Graduate Opportunity
Location: Remote & Flexible – BC, Alberta
Opportunity at Microserve
About us: At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 250 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
The Proposal Writer & Coordinator will take end-to-end ownership of assigned proposal responses and the proposal process, from opportunity identification and qualification through to contract award. The Proposal Writer & Coordinator provides project management for the response processes and takes responsibility for the quality and timeliness of persuasive and compliant proposals to Microserve clients and prospective clients, writes original proposal content, and manages and makes effective use of pre-written content. The Proposal Writer & Coordinator will also provide support for other marketing and writing activities across the organization.
This is a great position if you are interested in showcasing your writing and leadership skills, and being part of a growing, changing business. The successful candidate has the willingness to learn and adapt, exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills, great attention to detail, excellent reading comprehension and business writing skills, and high standards for quality of work. This role requires a flexible work schedule to accommodate client deadlines.
· Responsible for the end to end proposal response process including review and evaluation of opportunities, selection and coordination of proposal team, meeting scheduling and facilitation, scheduling, writing, providing guidance to the response team members, submission, and overall performance management
· Ensures proposal response strategy is clearly defined and communicated as part of the planning and response process
· Writing and editing of proposals and other required business documents
· Provide support for all teams within Microserve through activities such as content review, editing and formatting
· Writing, editing and organizing Microserve’s proposal content
· Track success in effectively responding to selected Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
· Participate in creation and management of client presentations
· Ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field, preferably with some exposure to or specialization in Information Technology, such as Business Technology Management, Management of Information Systems (MIS) or an equivalent program
· Exceptional business writing skills with attention to detail, excellent reading comprehension and ability to communicate key messages in a clear and concise manner
· Ability to effectively lead, manage, motivate and energize response teams
· The ability to learn IT / technical concepts and effectively draft technical content by interviewing key stakeholders
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and the ability to continually learn and improve these skills up to expert levels
· Willingness and ability to handle the work schedule required by the RFP response process, including fast pace, changing plans, strict deadlines, and flexible work schedule
- High sense of ownership and urgency, energy and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interest in working within the IT industry