Senior Application Developer – MOTRIS Project (3 month contract)
Location: Remote/Edmonton, AB
Staffing Placement Opportunity
Deliver applications programming and analysis tasks as part of a system development process as well as provide application support, maintenance and enhancements. An Application Developer applies a broad knowledge of various technical areas to foresee and rectify certain problem areas within technology or with a mix of technologies, but the focus is to ensure a certain business/functional use case is solved with the help of technology.
Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM Development and Support (MOTRIS, ARC, IIP, eCollision, EG CMS)
Provide development, administration, and operational support for the Transportation and EG IMT applications developed in Microsoft Dynamics and related technologies to support the JTI initaitve and maitain the MOTRIS application.
• Liaise with business units and program areas to ensure solutions meet current and strategic client needs.
• Align development team to follow Application Architecture.
• Write code for the most complex Functional and Technical Designs with minimal defects.
• Define non-functional requirements (Performance, Availability, Portability, Recovery / Recoverability etc.).
• Assess technical impacts up front and recommend better ways of designing application to ease the development.
• Produce Technical Design, Database structure and Application Architecture for a new average to high complex application.
• Seek for the best technical design solution that respects budget and timeline. Advocate the re-use of existing components/frameworks.
• Innovate in providing better efficient ways to design application.
• Review Technical Designs from other developers and recommend optimization if necessary.
• Evaluate, with assistance, the quality of the product being delivered, and take action to improve situations.
• Assist/Execute performance/penetration tests and troubleshoot issues at the system level.
• Isolate root cause of issues and provide solution options/recommendations.
• Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work, as required.
• Contribute to the creation of the Application Lifecycle Planning.
• Identify and coordinate release schedules.
• Identify service requests and priorities with customers.
• Ensure planned releases remain on schedule.
- The proposed resource must meet or exceed one of the following:
- University graduation in computer science or a related discipline and 4-yr Application Developer (AD) experience; OR
- 2-yr diploma in computer science or a related discipline and 6-yr AD experience; OR
- 1-yr certificate in computer science or a related discipline and 7-yr AD experience; OR
- 8-yr AD experience
- Experience in managing, development, configuration and customization of projects in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 or later versions, on a minimum of 3 projects.
- Experience in implementing IT solutions for Microsoft dynamics involving two or more third party vendors, on a minimum of 3 projects.
- Experience performing business and technical requirements analysis and design using a model-based approach with XML, UML, use cases/user scenarios, and/or other web-services technologies.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining SSIS solutions for data migration and integration.
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client. The work is to be performed remotely and on-site as requested by the client.