Senior Data Center Technical Analyst (6 Month Contract)
Staffing Placement Opportunity
• Rack, cable, deploy, maintain and support Data Center infrastructure including servers, storage devices and switches.
• Perform system testing, troubleshooting and remediation of any discovered faults
• Move equipment using assisted lifting equipment
• Perform services such as reboot of servers
• Work with hardware vendors to replace failed hardware components on systems, (i.e., RAM, Hard Drives, cables, power supply, PDU's, etc.)
• Maintain Datacenter Inventory and other documentation, asset management shipping and receiving
• Working on additional tasks as assigned by the Data Center Lead
Skills and Experince
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in data center operations and facilities management.
• General knowledge of Data Center Infrastructure technologies and concepts, (e.g., UPS, PDU, HVAC, etc.)
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Capable of identifying problems and developing creative solutions.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of all areas of infrastructure, power, cooling, cabling, safety standards and electrical codes.
• Must have a strong technical background, strong written and oral communication skills, project management skills, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Ability to be self-directed, express initiative yet work well within a team environment. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
• Ability to read floor plans, schematics and construction documents
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Excel and Nlyte
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• This position requires a valid driver's license.
• Work requires working with Unionized and Society staff
Note; This job opportunity is with a Microserve client.