Senior Project Manager (12 Month Contract)
Location: Remote/New Westminster, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
- Develop an integrated project plan and subsequently execute and monitor the plan. The project plan will adhere to BTS’ standard, comprehensive project management methodology (e.g., templates, gates, reviews).
- Direct the activities of internal and external (contracted) resources including Business Analysts, Network Analysts, Data Analysts, Developers, and Quality Assurance Analysts as required by the project.
- Develop and manage project governance structure (including Project Steering Committee) to drive consensus on project issues and achieve desired outcomes.
- Prepare and communicate detailed monthly and ad-hoc reports to stakeholders including status reports and updates to the Project Steering Committee.
- Scope Management: utilize the project governance structure (Project Steering Committee, identified stakeholders) to establish and maintain clear project boundaries and agreement on project scope.
- Schedule Management: establish and monitor project schedule ensuring adherence to key milestones.
- Risk Management: identify and monitor risks and propose mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- Team leadership: manage a diverse team of technical experts and senior leaders in the organization. Assertiveness and business acumen will be critical.
- Budget and Contract Management: manage the project budget including sub-contractor and supplier performance.
- Technical management: oversee the work of a technical team (design, building, testing, deployment, change management) throughout the project life cycle.
- Strong adherence to the client’s BTS Project Management Methodology (Atlas) including the creation of various project documents and other artefacts, as well as those created by project team members.
Experience and skills
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science.
- 8+ years project management experience, proven experience of project management in business transformation and organizational change management initiatives.
- Extensive and proven experience managing stakeholders and an ability “to bring people together”. Must have excellent “people skills”, excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing. Must be assertive and a leader. Must display a sense of “urgency to get the job done”
- Experience managing contracts.
- Experience in managing organizational change (OCM) in projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is a plus, but not a mandatory requirement.
- Experience in the management of a large budgets, including status reporting, forecasting.
- Training and experience in best practice project management techniques and processes.
- Experience working with, communicating to, and making formal presentations and recommendation to senior management within a large organization.
- Experience developing and implementing projects and business process initiatives designed to improve efficiencies.
- Experience gathering and analyzing functional and technical requirements and information from key business areas.
- Experience leading an interdisciplinary team of technical and business resources effectively.
- Knowledge of standard MS Office tools including Microsoft Project and SharePoint.
- Program management experience is considered an asset.
- Agile project management experience is considered an asset
- Prepare a thorough report outlining the outcomes of the analysis phase of the project, encompassing all analysis elements (including but not limited to: interfaces, customization, functionality, architecture, security) and identifying clear and tangible recommendations.
- Prepare a funding case for the implementation phase of the project including the implementation phase work plan, financials (budget), work breakdown structure and project schedule, risk analysis, work package sequencing, and high-level business case (memo).
- Prepare a comprehensive project management plan for the implementation project.
- Communications plan; Risk Management Plan.
- Monthly Project Status Reports, filed in the client’s portfolio reporting system.
- Technical and Steering Committee meeting documentation (i.e. presentations, review materials, minutes, support documentation, technical memorandums, etc.)
- All procurement documents as requested (contracts, amendments) and management of external suppliers as needed.
- Cash Flow Forecasts/Budget Updates.
- Project Change Requests, as required.
- Project Closeout Reports.
Note; This job opportunity is with a Microserve client. This position will be remote with onsite work as required by the client.