Why do you need a cloud Availability strategy?
For today’s Always-On Enterprise™, downtime and unavailable data — even for a few minutes — can have an immediate impact on brand reputation, revenue, customer loyalty and employee productivity. Every stakeholder in today’s ecosystem expects to have services and data available 24x7x365.
Veeam® provides simple, straightforward opportunities for customers with on-premises Veeam deployments to extend their Availability strategy to the cloud.
What makes Veeam cloud-based disaster recovery and off-site backup easy and secure?
With Veeam Cloud Connect, you can avoid the cost and complexity of building and maintaining an off-site infrastructure for backups or disaster recovery. Veeam Cloud Connect is available in all editions of Veeam Availability Suite™, Veeam Backup & Replication™ and Veeam Backup Essentials™, allowing you to:
- NEW! Utilize DRaaS (Disaster Recovery as a Service) as part of a comprehensive Availability strategy and perform disaster recovery in the cloud
- Master the 3-2-1 Rule for an industry best practice backup strategy (3 copies of your data, on two types of media, with one copy stored off site)
Cloud-based disaster discovery / DRaaS
Advanced, image-based VM replication through Veeam Cloud Connect is simple to set up, easy-to-use and includes:
A cloud host for DR with CPU (central processing unit), RAM (random access memory), storage and networking resource allocation from a DRaaS provider
Full site failover to a remote DR site from anywhere with just a few clicks through a secure web portal and partial site failover to instantly switch over to selected VM replicas only
Network Extension Appliances
Built-in network extension appliances to simplify networking complexity and preserve communication with and between running VMs, regardless of the physical location
1-click failover orchestration for quick execution and site failover testing for failover simulation, without disrupting production workloads
Single-port connectivity via a secure, reliable TLS/SSL (Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer) connection to a service provider with traffic encryption
Multiple traffic-reduction technologies, including built-in WAN acceleration, BitLooker™ and replica seeding
Full and partial failback to restore normal business operations
Veeam delivers powerful and reliable features and functionality to help you avoid the risk of catastrophic data loss. With Veeam Cloud Connect, you get:
- Hosted off-site backups: Get your backups off site to a hosted cloud repository through a secure SSL connection with no additional Veeam licensing required
- Complete visibility and control: Access and recover data in hosted backup repositories directly from the backup console, track cloud repository consumption and receive reminders for hosted storage renewals
- A modern backup architecture: Leverage Veeam’s modern backup technology, including backup copy jobs with built-in WAN acceleration, forever incremental backups, GFS (grandfather-father-son) retention policies and more ― all built into one product
- End-to-end encryption: Rest easy by encrypting all data at source (before it leaves your network perimeter), in flight and at rest, without negatively affecting the data reduction ratios of built-in compression and WAN acceleration
Veeam Cloud Connect backup and replication is included within Veeam Availability Suite, Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Backup Essentials for all end users at no additional charge and with no additional licensing required. However, you will need to acquire a subscription to the appropriate computer and/or storage resources in order to use it.