Microserve giving back in 2018
The new year is the time for a fresh start, goal-setting and looking forward to accomplishing new things in the future… but it’s also a time for reflection. We had a great 2017 as we celebrated our 30th anniversary, and there are a few things we would like to highlight that we are particularly proud of.
Annually, we host appreciation parties for our staff and clients for all three of our branches – that’s a total of six parties. It’s a way for us to show our gratitude to our amazing clients and staff who continue to shape the successful business we are today.
At each party we support a different organization to raise money and awareness. At our client parties we raise money for scholarship funds that we have at UVic, UofA, and BCIT. For the staff parties, Microservians vote on a charity that they would like to support. Our staff selected The Mustard Seed, BC Children’s Hospital, and the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Here is a summary of which organizations we supported in each city
- Microserve IT Scholarship Fund at University of Victoria – our clients raised $2,645 with a $355 contribution from our President, Spud which brought our total to $3,000.
- Mustard Seed Food Bank – our staff raised $400 and Spud contributed $500 to bring our total donation to $900.
- Microserve IT Scholarship Fund at University of Alberta – our clients raised $2,750 with a donation from Spud to bring our total to $3,000.
- Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation – our staff raised $710 and Spud rounded the donation to a total of $800.
- Microserve’s IT Scholarship Fund at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) – our clients raised $3,335 with a contribution from Spud bringing our total to $4,000
- BC Children’s Hospital – TBD.
So far we’ve raised $11,700 for five out of six organizations due to the generosity of our customers and staff. We’re looking forward to seeing how much we raise in a couple of weeks for the BC Children’s Hospital at our Vancouver staff party.
It’s great to make a difference in our communities. We look forward to these parties each year and it’s truly an honour to give back. Can’t wait for December 2018 to see who we’ll be supporting this holiday season.
Looking for ways to get involved in your community? Check out Go Volunteer’s website for opportunities throughout Canada.